Please find terms and conditions created in partnership with Teachers College of San Joaquin regarding the Teacher and Leader certificate program for Universal Design for Learning.
UDL Certificate Terms and Conditions
Course Timing and Information
- To complete each track, the student needs to fulfill the course requirements of completing 2 facilitated courses (6 credits total) and at least 3 self-directed courses (minimum of 7 credits). The student will not fulfill their course requirement unless they complete the required course + final project/assignments (continuing education graduate credit component) and receives a grade of C or higher in each course.
- Applicability of professional development units to a graduate or post-baccalaureate objective is determined by the evaluating authority for each program.
- A student has three years to complete the program from the time of enrollment with Teachers College of San Joaquin.
- Self-directed courses are offered on a rolling enrollment basis and can be taken any time. Students have 1 year to complete the course and final project from the time of registration.
- Instructor-Guided courses are offered at least 1x/year. It is the responsibility of the student to enroll in the appropriate course as offered.
- If a student has already completed the facilitated intro to UDL course or has completed a 101 course in UDL, they have the option of bypassing the course by presenting proof of completion for the Level 1 UDL Certification from Learning Designed. They must present this to Teachers College at the time of registration for the program.
- When a student registers, they will pay a non-refundable application fee ($65) to Teachers College of San Joaquin. Upon completion of the certificate program coursework, the student will pay a $200 certificate fee to Teachers College of San Joaquin. The total certificate cost ($265) will not cover the cost per course taken with Novak Education. At registration, the student is to select which track they are completing and check off that they agree to the policy.
- Course enrollments are to be made directly to Novak Education. Depending on the course, the total cost ranges from $300 to $675 per course. The course cost consists of cost for the course (ranging from $50-$475/course) plus the cost of continuing education graduate credits ($75 (1 graduate credit) - $200 (3 continuing education graduate credits) per course).
Additional Links and Information
- See our course withdrawal policy and course FAQs
- About Teachers College of San Joaquin: Founded in 2009 by the San Joaquin County Office of Education (SJCOE), Teachers College of San Joaquin (TCSJ) is the only regionally accredited post-baccalaureate institution of higher education (accredited by WSCUC) that is a department within a county office of education. TCSJ provides a variety of options for those who wish to pursue a career in the field of education: Teaching and Administrative Service Credentials, Induction (teaching and administrative), six Master in Education concentrations (three of which are now online!), as well as non-degree programs. Contact TCSJ here.