I am currently a seventh grade English/language arts teacher in the fabulous town of Chelmsford, MA. Next year, I will begin work as the Title I Director, ELL Director, and Reading coordinator in the district (it's a hybrid role - I'll still be in the classroom some of the time!) With 12 years of teaching experience, I design and present workshops around the country focusing on teacher implementation of Universal Design of Learning, and the Common Core. Some professional highlights are below.
- Earned Ed.D. from Boston University in Curriculum and Instruction in English/language arts and literacy, K-12. Completed graduate studies in both language acquisition and reading instruction.
- Hold both teaching and administrator's license.
- Currently working toward National Teacher Certification in Reading, language arts.
- Independent presenter for CAST (The Center for Applied Science and Technology). Invited to present at numerous workshops, including Harvard University's summer session, for teachers K-12, about designing and implementing a UDL curriculum with a focus on literacy.
- Selected by the Gates Foundation to attend and present at the prestigious ECET2 (Elevating and Celebrating Excellence in Teachers and Teaching) conference, which celebrates the work of teacher leaders in the country in regards to the Common Core and the National Teacher Voice Convening in Washington, DC.
- Selected by the Teaching Channel to be featured in a series of videos about teacher excellence in implementing the Common Core in English/language arts with a focus on reading and writing.
- Teach graduate level courses focused on UDL and Common Core implementation in grades K-12 through Fitchburg State University. Exemplary evaluations from teachers K-12 within the district.
- Chosen to participate in Project SUCCESS, a Race to the Top initiative to train the state's top teachers to mentor their colleagues in "high-need" areas, such as English as a Second Language.
- As the mentoring coordinator, I re-designed Chelmsford's mentoring program and trained master teachers PK-12 in the implementation of a curriculum that can be used to frame discussions with new teachers.
If your school district is moving toward Common Core implementation or adopting the UDL framework, please contact me so we can discuss your professional development needs.